Cavapoos cannot be left alone for too long. While it’s okay to leave them to go on short errands, you should avoid leaving them alone for more than 2 hours.
Due to their loyal and loving disposition, Cavapoos are often extremely attached to their family. As a result, they often display signs of separation anxiety after being alone for a while. It’s not recommended to get a Cavapoo if you’re frequently busy or occupied by activities outside of the home.
That said, you can minimize a Cavapoo’s tendency to develop separation anxiety by:
- Training them as early as possible
- Getting them used to short periods without your presence
- Reducing potential stressors before leaving them alone
- Providing them with enough food, water, and toys
- Leaving your TV or radio on when you leave